Friday, July 3, 2009

Tomorrow, we're leaving for our three week long Really Big Lakes camping trip: the Great Lakes, Lake Winnipeg and the Finger Lakes. I've decided that, although I'll still take at least a picture a day (one some days, prolly a hundred!), I won't be posting them until we get back. Internet access will be spotty; but more than that, John and I want to focus on the experience and on each other. We found out not long ago that he's had a recurrence of the prostate cancer we thought had been removed and done with three years ago.

It has taken a lot of time and emotional energy to come to terms with this. His prognosis is very good, but he'll be having radiation treatments when we get back. That's why I haven't been browsing through what I like to think of as our 365 Museum and commenting on your wonderful photos. It's been my loss, because seeing the incredible work you generate has been a priceless learning experience and a delight to my heart.

When we get back, I promise to do my best to catch up on all your creativity...and, eventually, I'll make good on my own commitment. For now, I want to thank you for sharing your gifts and vision. It's been an honor and an inexpressible pleasure to be part of this experience with you.

Bobbie

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your vacation, Bobbie, and I'll keep your husband in my thoughts and prayers for a successful treatment when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your husband, enjoy your vacation!! The blog will be here for a long time! :) I am sorry to hear about your husband, my thoughts and prayers will be with you in the coming months of treatments! Hang in there and enjoy yourselves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are having a wonderful camping trip. With everyone, my prayers for easy treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you and John. Hoping you have a wonderful vacation and I look forward to seeing your posts when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbie, I just saw this post while catching up with your Ikea post above. I hope you and John have had a wonderful time reconnecting and enjoying the moments of your travel days. I know you've been through this cancer thing before but please don't hesitate to send me a message if you want to chat, moan, groan or rant during this second round. My husband is still recovering from treatment for cancer last year and it does turn life upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are both in my prayers for a calm trip and strength to face the future when you get back.

    ReplyDelete