Wednesday, August 19, 2009


It was rather a rough day emotionally: when I was at work this afternoon, I got a phone call from my husband that he's scheduled to start radiation treatments for his recurrent prostate cancer on Monday; this evening we had a friend over for dinner who's having breast cancer surgery tomorrow. I realized after she'd left that I'd forgotten to take my photo for today. So I turned my little P&S on the "lucky bamboo" that's in a little vase on the wall next to the back door. There's something reassuring that I'd just by chance focus my attention on something that is supposed to bring good fortune. Bas Relief and Ink Outlines added texture and dimension.

8 comments:

  1. Hoping your bamboo brings you luck. My well-wishes are with you and your husband and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bamboo can rub off on anyone, luck can come on you unexpectedly too. Hope your share comes soon. Bamboo seems a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your rough day, hope it is much better today! If it is any constellation, your image is incredible, love all that added texture, really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending masses of good vibes in the direction of your husband and friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the processing on the top image. And you're right, there's a good vibe that goes with knowing you keyed in on a reputed good luck harbinger at such a stressful time. You and your husband will be in the prayers of Mr. L. and I through the coming weeks. You two have done this before, you know you can support each other through it and there will be many people adding their good wishes and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect thing to focus on, I like the processing too. Do know that prayers and wishes are coming at you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry your day was a rough one. I'm thinking positive thoughts and sending them your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about your husband's illness, Bobbie. My prayers are with you. Hope that you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete