Sunday, June 27, 2010

Downtown




Downtown Woodstock NY, where the hippies came for the festival and never left. Sunday evening is drumming circle on the town green. As we were making our way there, we overheard a grey haired dude in tie dye bitterly complaining to a cop that the drumming leader, "gave him the finger twice," and (worse!) was, "throwing off the beat." We wondered if this was a crime. Seems it must be...ten minutes later, TWO cops show up at the drumming circle & pull the leader off. Who knew there could beuch drama over drumming?

6 comments:

  1. I don't know what would be more fun, listening to the music or watching the drama unfold! Wonderful image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shot, the way you framed it is genius. I love the story and I love that the cop is wearing shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Framing is indeed fabulous, given the story. Who knew Woodstockians were such music connoisseurs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I've ever heard was LOUD!! when we were in the Boston area and had a teenage daughter. I never could get anything out of LOUD! Still don't.

    Expressive photo, however!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot-I third the framing comments. That was genius. Guess all the hippies who thought they were so different turned out to be like most people-flawed. (& yes, I'm a hippy dippy from the 60's). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fourth them - it is the first thing I thought of - how creative!

    ReplyDelete