Thursday, October 7, 2010

Weathered






As I was getting out of my car on the way to get my hair cut, I spied these weathered boards on the side of a garage by the parking lot. I was snapping away with my iPhone when I was confronted by an officious lady in a suit, who tartly asked if she could help me. When I told her that I was just taking pictures of the wood because it was fascinating and explained that I had to take a picture a day for a whole year, she clearly decided that I was beyond help and started to back away. Well, the wood IS fascinating, especially when enhanced just a tad in PictureShow.

5 comments:

  1. The wood is interesting! I like the old-fashion hinge as it clearly says "old." Sometimes I wonder if we shouldn't have some kind of official badge that we can wave back, maybe "amateur photography on the job." I get the feeling sometimes that people think I'm going to get rich taking my "nothing" photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story - I think we've all gotten some odd looks pursuing this blogging journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poor lady was probably beginning to wonder when you told her that you were taking pictures of wood! LOL I love the stark contrast of the weathered wood and the processing really enhanced this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe she should paint it! Glad she hasn't as you have an image that truly represents weathered!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful texture and story. I've said to people that it is like a treasure hunt and sometimes that makes sense to them...

    ReplyDelete