Thursday, August 20, 2009


It was with chagrin and some guilt that we brought the Purple Minivan in to be traded in as a Clunker for a new Yaris. The Purple Minivan had given us 165,000 miles of service--vacation and soccer games, shopping trips and expeditions, even served as a rolling advertisement for our son's first business. But two kids have flown the nest and one is one the edge, stretching her wings. We don't need a big car anymore, and we sure do need to save on mileage. Outside the dealership is this rather striking come-on for the Clunkers program. I used Posterize with Chalk and Charcoal to pump up the drama.

5 comments:

  1. That's a different take on the clunker displays I've seen in front of local dealerships! My grandson would be so impressed! Nice processing on the shot--it worked very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is the coolest clunker image I have seen to date! Bye, bye purple van! I saw your new car on facebook, looks like a nice one. We downsized a little too, from a SUV to a Honda Accord, not the smallest, but we are still hauling kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sure grabs one's attention, I like how you simplified it. I'm not sure how I feel about ok cars being ruined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is some advertisement! Glad to hear you got such good use out of your minivan! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so sad, I don't think that I could have stood around and watched it.

    ReplyDelete