Sunday, August 30, 2009




Ever since the Challenge began, I've been posting pictures taken at Rogers Orchards in Southington CT. Today, they celebrated their 200th anniversary. Ever since 1809, the orchards have been in the ownership of this one family. They grow apples, peaches and plums. We stop on Sundays on our way home from church to snag some fresh fruit. The year's cycle MUST include making peach jam as well and peach and apple pies. Every September, we go there to pick our own apples. We took our kids as they were growing up, and now we're taking grandsons.
For the celebration, they had this little bluegrass band. I've been looking for a photo that would work with the Fresco filter, and I've finally found one.



6 comments:

  1. So cool that you caught such a milestone anniversary! This looks like a blast!! Great images to show your fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the filtered image alot. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie, I do like that filtered photo. It is a very well composed photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The continuity in ownership of that orchard is remarkable. They certainly deserve to be worked into your family traditions as you've obviously done.

    I really like the filter on this band photo. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonder that the orchard has stayed in one family,how rare and special. I love the filtering too, have you offered that image to the family?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea!They're having a photo contest as part of the celebration: it has to be someone posing with or eating their fruit. I've got a few shots to enter; and while i'm at it, I'll include this one.

    ReplyDelete