Saturday, December 18, 2010

Treasured




The Christmas after John and I were married, my parents gave us a Nativity set that had been made by one of their friends. I was delighted as I took out piece after piece: camels, sheep, donkeys, cow, angel and all! Then, when our son was seven or eight, he built a stable out of popsicle sticks. To this day, for me one of the most wonderful and meaningful traditions is putting up the Nativity set. It reflects both the essence of Christmas and the love within our family.

5 comments:

  1. Nice photo, but mostly I enjoyed the story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful anecdote.
    A family treasure!
    Thanks for sharing your joy.
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful and so much meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A treasure indeed, you are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete