Wednesday, June 10, 2009


Come autumn, these sumac leaves will be scarlet, and the flowers will have turned into flaming red seeds. In the tenderness of spring, however, the only hint of the fire to come is in the stems. It was the contrasts that I found attractive in this photo: the red against the green, the intense colors of the leaves against the soft yellow of the flowers, the lacy quality of the blossoms against the neat, crisp leaves. Dark Strokes with a touch of Watercolor plays up these contrasts.

7 comments:

  1. Nice processing and I like the red stems against the green leaves too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your processing made the red and green have the same intensity, just lovely with the creamy flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like the soft delicacy of the original better here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous color, composition and detail. I also love the original.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the strong contrasts of the processed photo on the top. It has a lot of depth and the red stem really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the contrast in the processed image. Sumacs are wonderful subjects for photography.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this picture. I believe that I love the high contrasts in the filtered picture.

    ReplyDelete