Wednesday, June 17, 2009


Every Wednesday during the summer, we bring a picnic dinner to Trinity College in Hartford, where we sit on the lawn to listen to the carillon concert. We've been doing this now for 30 years. After the concert tonight, this young man was playing the organ in the great Gothic chapel, assisted by his mentor. To add drama, I used several techniques: the Vertical Fade effect with the Chalk and Charcoal filter, and then stretching the top part just a bit to heighten the loftiness of the pipes.

5 comments:

  1. did somebody say picnic? I'm in! : ) I can't decide which one I like best...win/win to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vertical fade, huh? I must try to find that effect...it looks good on this one. Selective portions of the effect look B&W, but there is still color in the face and wood. You have really been working on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image to begin with! That is another I haven't played with (vertical fade) - what a cool result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image, but even more dramatic enhancement with the effects you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful picture. I love the vertical lines. The muted colors of the filtered version are marvelous.

    ReplyDelete