Wednesday, June 3, 2009


My AeroGarden at work now hosts marigolds, geranium and monkey-flower. This is a shot of the marigolds. Here's where I'm learning from all of you. I would have made this a neatly centered subject with a nice area of greenery around it. But you've shown me how effective it can be to put it off-center and to crop it tightly.


It's always interesting to see which pictures work well with filters and which don't. To my surprise, this one just take to filters. With nearly all of them, I liked the original better. In the end, I combined Smudge Stick, Poster Edges and Posterize to get a rather more dramatic version.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Bobbie,
    I like them both: #1 in the normal view and the darker colors.
    #2 is probaly my favorie I like the softness of this one. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this one I think I still like the original - nothing can add to the beauty of this fella - love the composition by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like the original better just because it's lighter and brighter. I like the glow more than the drama here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boldness of the color and those beautiful lines really make this one stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you made a great choice in composing this. The partial petals of the second flower give a sense of the flower's place in space. For me, the original is preferable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. I do like the filtered version better. The color is more intense. The crop is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! I love the boldness of the color and the perfect composition! /Viktoria

    ReplyDelete