Wednesday, September 16, 2009


I'll be honest--it was a long, weary day, and there just weren't any photo ops, so I made one; and it really isn't that great. But it's the not-so-good photos that can benefit most from filters, and this one took wel to lots of different filters and combinations of filters. I could have sat here all night experimenting with them--but I was reminded by my daughter that her homework trumps my playing with photos. So I settled (prematurely to my mind, but I was the one who made the homework rule...) on a combination of Fresco and Poster Edges, which gives it a sort of pen and ink/water color look.

6 comments:

  1. Love the gritty look the filters gave this, really very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The processing really does add a lot of interest to the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the original and would have just used the effect around the flame and maybe an external halo on the brickwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like 'em both, but am drawn to the original as well...love candle flame shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the filtered version here, Bobbie. This is a great photo.

    ReplyDelete