Monday, September 14, 2009


My trusty Nikon point and shoot needed to be replaced, so I went to Best Buy. When I bought the dearly departed, I was looking for small, the tinier the better. I wanted something that I could carry with me all the time. There was plenty of small there; but then I saw this Kodak Z915. Not tiny, but not bulky either, on sale and in the price range (i.e. had to be significantly under $200)--and it did a lot more than the Nikon equivalent of the damaged camera. So I went for it. This was all after work, and by the time I got home, made dinner, ate dinner and got back out, it was getting pretty dark. It wasn't the best time to try out a new camera, but it did a decent job of Paper Goods Pond at late evening. The Water Paper filter gives it an Impressionistic effect.

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Those pinks and blues in the sky, the beautiful reflections, the plants in the foreground....stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, I love getting new toys!! Looks like it will do a great job for you if this image is any indication! Beautiful image, beautiful effect! The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautuful way to start out with your new camera, fabulous color and composing

    ReplyDelete