Friday, September 3, 2010

John




This is John, my anam cara--Irish for the friend of my soul. Recent empty nesters, we are dealing with it by embarking on a 3 1/2 week camping trip to southern Utah. It will take us about a week's driving each way, and we'll have a little over a week to spend at Arches, Canyonlands, Zion and Bryce Canyon. Good thing we're good traveling companions!

We're planning to leave on Sunday. I'm hoping to be able to post my photo-of-the-day, as well as to keep up with all the wonderful work of my fellow Virtual PhotoWalkers.

9 comments:

  1. He looks like he will be great company for the trip! :) I am so jealous, I want to go to all of those places...looking forward to "my" virtual vacation though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to seeing some of the most beautiful scenery. Southern Utah remains my favorite from when we did our trip. Traveling is great for the soul and even better for soul mates. Enjoy the trip, share your photos and don't stress too much about keeping up with all of us. We'll still be here when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seems like a wonderful trip and Im sure there will be lots of sight to share with us bloggers :-) looking forward for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will LOVE the red rocks parks - much different than New England. Hope you are splurging and bringing along a camera besides iPhone?

    Have a great time! Can't wait to see photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John! Hope you guys have a great time and we get to see all the photos of your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very generous to let us tag along, I'm a bit jealous of the wonders you will be seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your trip! Though I can't imagine what it would be like to travel without people in the back seat asking 'when are we going to get there?'....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to see your images. I love that part of the country. Bryce Canyon is one of my favorite places.

    ReplyDelete