Thursday, July 19, 2012

Surreal: Goats, New Columbia, Pennsylvania




I'm going off theme for the duration of our vacation--hopefully to Glacier/Banff, although we are already having a bit of a set back with a glitch with the truck. I'm going to try to post a photo a day of our whereabouts when I can.
The campground here has a petting zoo consisting mainly of some sweet Pygmy goats. We were able to get a short walk in between rain showers. I love goats. It was dark & the iPhone flash gave one goat's eyes an eerie glow.

5 comments:

  1. Are you driving out on I-90? If so, you'll pass within 1/2 mile of me in Illinois. PM me at the Village if you think you might have time to stop for a cup of coffee or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Indonesian Language equivalent of "Whilst in Rome, do as the Romans do!" Is "Masuk ke Kandang Kambing Mengembit!" which translates literally as "Entry the Goats Pen - Bleat" which was the phrase which came readily to mind when I saw this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a pet right out of pet sematary lol Hope you truck gets fixed and the rain stops soon (make it come here, we haven't had any moisture in weeks)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always found the best way to start the rain is to go camping :)

    ReplyDelete