Monday, May 17, 2010

Rhodadendron




Yes, I know--yet another picture of flowers! But when one lives in New England and endures the long grim grey winters, even in May, flowers are a blessing to the eyes. The succession of one kind after another in orderly sequence--crocuses, daffodils, tulips, dogwood, apple blossoms, rhodedendron each in turn--seems like a miracle. So here are yet more flowers: the rhodadendron in front of our house. I did a few basic touch ups in PhotoForge, then applied one of FilmLab's Fuji filters. I confess I forgot which one.

5 comments:

  1. I love the lighting in this...it makes those vibrant colors glow! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great light makes for beautiful colors. Our Rhododendrons are gone now. The time difference in flowers blooming is amazing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rhoadies...just driving along the byways in Washington state at the right time of the year shows them in the wild. We have the next best in our yard: azaleas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These just glow! I think it is just Ron who carps about flower shots, I say keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flowers are what make this season come alive! This is beautiful...

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete