Thursday, September 8, 2011

Headed for Arkansas

Tomorrow, we're leaving for a 3 1/2 week camping trip to Arkansas. We'll also put Mississippi and Louisiana on the map on the side of our camper (leaving only the three on the west coast out of the 48 contiguous states.) We hope to visit the Natchez Trace, Vicksburg, Nashville, the Great Smokies and even Dollywood along the way. I should be able to post photos from my iPhone; but I probably won't be spending a lot of time on line--so I hope it's OK if I catch up on your blogs when we get back. I take great pleasure in wandering through what I consider to be the 365 museum, and reveling in the gifts of your work. But when we're on vacation, we really do tend to separate ourselves from the virtual world and immerse ourselves in the wonders to be experienced as we traverse this amazing continent.
Bobbie

9 comments:

  1. Here, here! I agree with your travel philosophy so live in the real. Also make it a point to add the left coast to your camper map. Lots to see and do. I drove the Natchez Trace years ago and it is a beautiful stretch of road. Hope you kept the Whole Foods fish frozen! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time, Bobbi. You are headed for God's country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Steven--I am working on John to complete the map next year. Only problem is that we are both still working and have just that 3 1/2 weeks (for which we are infinitely grateful--for both the work and the time.) and the wet coast is a long, long way from New England, especially with those pesky Lakes in the way. Every so often, he seems to be melting on the idea, so it just might happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful voyage, give my greetings to Nashwille ...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbie: I'm so envious. Sounds like a great trip and I'm looking forward to bunches of travel pix. This is a great time of year to do this, too!

    While I'm no expert, I can give you an earful of great things to see and do all along the west coast. It should only take you 6-12 months! Maybe fly out and rent an RV when you get there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful trip! I am jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great time in parts of the country that I have never been to. I hope you take some shots at Dollywood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 and 1/2 weeks away....would be heaven! We're lucky to get 3 and 1/2 days! Sounds like a beautiful trip! Enjoy! The virtual world can't hold a candle to the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your trip is fantastic. I can't wait to see your take on DollyWood.
    Do think about the last and best states missing on your map!

    ReplyDelete