Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Floor




Between floors, actually...Still no power at home (estimate by utility company is Sunday) so I was delighted to hear it had been restored at my office building. I drove into Hartford, looking forward to lights & electricity & even computers with Internet access--only to find the power had gone off about 10 minutes earlier. Two co-workers were stuck in the elevator & had to be rescued by the fire department. The fire truck was being waved into the parking lot when I got there. I was relieved to find the building was not aflame. We were all sent back home again. Usually people love getting an unexpected day off, but the majority have no electricity at home. Many have no heat & were looking forward to a day of being warm. I just wanted to charge my cell phone!
365/2011

7 comments:

  1. I like the comic strip processing on this, although I'm sure there was nothing funny to the people stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly are having quite the adventure - unfortunately, and unwelcome one. The processing on this is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enough already, I'm sure! Oh for a normal day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the comic look to this probably not so funny event. Hope you get your electricity back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice look to this - an app? Just don't look at this for a while and it will be a good story next year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you think this might prompt some Republicans to vote yes on an infrastructure bill that would help to modernize the electrical grid? Are you kidding? That makes sense! Let's vote on stupid proclamations!

    ReplyDelete