Thursday, November 3, 2011

Soothing




I'm going to be honest--these are stressful times. It's Thursday. We've been without power now since Saturday. There are no realistic estimates as to when there will be restoration of power. They are telling us Sunday by midnight. We live on a main street in our town, so it's not like we're out at the distal end of the lines. It's easy to feel tense and angry and frustrated. But the lack of lights lets us see the sky. And that is one soothing element that I need to keep in mind.
365/2011

7 comments:

  1. The color of the sky and the silhouette are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobbi,
    I would say that is very stressful, we don't know how much we miss electricity until we don't have it. Hope yours gets on soon. Love this picture. Have a great day!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have lost my mind a long time ago. I'm sure it's getting old. I hope they do fix it all by Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gradation of colors! It's hard when one's whole routine is upside down and inside out to have any semblance of a normal life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I'm coming from the future I know your power is back- this is one small gift though-always look up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes one realize how much we rely on the modern marvels. This view has to be soothing, though. It is the movies and laserium's of olde.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and serene an evening scene!

    ReplyDelete