Thursday, October 29, 2009


These people really get into Halloween. Their display gets more elaborate every year, and now, on Halloween night , people are invited in for the price of a can of food for the local soup kitchen. In the middle of a sunny October afternoon, it's not all that scarey, so I used Elements to move it into a spooky twilight with a few spirits rising up as the witching hour approaches. It really was a matter of trial and error, so I truly don't remember exactly how I got the result. I started with Blue Tint, and messed around with levels, brightness/contrast/ and hue/saturation. To draw the spirits, I used a sort of scattery brush at a low opacity.

3 comments:

  1. Great job in turning day to night, I love the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how people go all out for the holidays! I love the edits, very haunting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice editing! I do enjoy seeing the elaborate Halloween decorations!

    ReplyDelete