Tuesday, October 27, 2009


Unfortunately, this is one of those pictures that looked better in the field than they do out of the camera. Now, to take it, I was pulled over to the side of a narrow winding road, keeping an eye in the rear view mirror all the while. I was only able to get off three shots from the car window before I saw a school bus coming up behind me and had to get going. I've never used the Sponge filter before, but it worked fairly well to enhance the contrast between the wet black truncks and the fading yellow leaves, as well as adding some texture to the lowering sky.

3 comments:

  1. The sponge filter really pulled out those fall colors, that is one I have to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just hate that? Takes your breath away in person, but just ok when you look at the shot? At least you got another chance to experiment. I agree with Tammy, you managed to emphasize that contrast!

    ReplyDelete