Sunday, October 25, 2009


The weahter here in New England has been nothing short of depressing for months now. A long raw winter eventually dissolved into a late, cold wet spring that went on until August, when we had about 10 days of sweltering heat and humidity. After that, we were back to chilly rain. The one good thing is that, somehow, all this has added up to spectacular fall colors. Every time I think we've passed peak, I walk outside on the rare sunny day and see something like this outside my back door. This WAS the blue of the sky this morning, and the yellows and oranges were just that bright. Posterize adds just a bit of punch, but the colors were so brilliant and so primary that not too much is changed.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tree. such vivid colors. I misses our peak foliage this year because we were in Florida. I must say, I did miss seeing all the colors. Wonderful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous contrasts between the bright yellow tree and the beautiful blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sight must have brightened your day - wow, fall in it's glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, print that large to view later on...

    ReplyDelete