Tuesday, February 16, 2010

White

I hadn't wanted to do a snow scene for "White," but it's finally snowing here in Connecticut, and it looks so lovely. No one had even walked near Lisa's bench at Paper Goods Pond. The snow was falling silently in big, fat flakes like the ones you see in movies set in New England. With all that, I couldn't resist. I took the picture with my Kodak Z915. I used Elements to convert it to B&W (which made the picture more crisp and resolved the blue tone the snow had before) and to add the frame.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love freshly fallen snow (before it gets all dirty looking)! This is such a beautiful and peaceful scene, black and white is the perfect processing for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this shot a lot! Looks so quite and serene. Wish I could sit down and soak it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this shot. It certainly captures the feeling of fresh snow - quiet and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a great photo. I love the black and white processing. A great perspective here.

    ReplyDelete