Thursday, August 19, 2010

Strange




I felt I had to use this photo--given that in my eagerness to capture the moon and the phragmites, I found myself (wearing sandals) standing in poison ivy. I wanted it to convey the mystery of a late summer evening, when dark is gathering earlier but the air is still velvet, the pond is pulsing with sound and a brooding moon hangs low in the sky. I ended up using two different filters in Iris PhotoSuite, then blending them in Montage. Unfortunately, Montage saves with a wide white border...but it still produced the look I wanted: what my heart saw this evening.

5 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing this soulful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite lovely. I hope your ankles survived the foray into the P. I. jungle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hues in this are mesmerizing. Hope the ivy didn't get you too badly....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your heart sees beautifully...this is just stunning! Another framer I see! Hope you are not itching too bad today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sets such a fine mood, so serene.

    ReplyDelete