Monday, February 28, 2011

In my house




This is my writing desk. It was the first piece of Real Furniture we bought after we were married in 1979. It's tucked into a corner of our cozy living room. On the wall to the side is one of a pair of embroidered pictures that mother made for us for our wedding. On the desk is a Zen garden and a vase full of sea glass that we've collected on all our visits to the Atlantic Ocean and Long Island Sound. The nooks in the desk hold tiny momentos that are important to me. I am a bookworm. One of the latest from the library is on the desk. Tucked into one of the drawers is the latest volume of the journal that I've kept since I was seventeen. All that in one little corner!

365/2011

12 comments:

  1. Love the slice of your life that this photo conveys... and the post processing choice you made. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs their very own space. Your description makes yours sound just right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely piece of furniture. I have a small cabinet that belonged to my grandfather (Betsy's dad) and I treasure it because of its history. Maybe one day your grandson will have this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's lovely!
    thanks for giving so detailed a description, I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many of our possessions these days lack meaning. It is so nice that you have a nook in your home that is filled with things you are deeply connected to. I love this....

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very special corner of your house. Your processing speaks to your explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully warm colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bobbie,
    This is so good. I love how it looks like an old time picture. And all your memories are there to keep you company when you use your desk. Have a great day!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving how you brought out the warm tones in this...it just looks so cozy and inviting! Your processing is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cool. So much in such a relatively small space. It looks very orderly and tidy, yet everything has a story that branches out over the years. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful peek into your life, nice that so many memories are focused in this warm spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love hearing a little bit about your story...thanks for sharing! Great descriptive photo also.

    ReplyDelete