Friday, February 6, 2009

I played around with this quite a bit--I can hardly remember what I did to it. I used a combination of Poster Edges and Palette Knife to soften it. Then I duplicated the top layer and converted it to B&W. I used the Soft Light blend mode and lowered the opacity a little. I like the muted colors. I think it puts more emphasis on their faces, and their personalities shine through. I used the frame to try to screen out the glare from the library window. Perhaps I should have blurred the edges of the frame more...but we're taking them out to dinner tonight to celebrate, and I was running out of time!

4 comments:

  1. Again, I love the edited image - I think you did draw the eyes to their smiles and took out some of the distracting background. You have beautiful kids and congrats to your daughter on national honor society. What grade are they in? I have twin 15 yr olds (freshman) and they just got into national honor society too! I think we did something right!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely like the edited version. The softer, muted colors serve the subjects very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very nice portrait.I would frame it and give it as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christian is 21. He's finishing his last year at the University of Hartford as a business major. He's an entrepeneur--with a friend, he's set up an on-line business selling safety equipment and "green" restaurant supplies. Sierra is 16; she's a junior. She wants to major in business, too, but she's a lot more vague about where she wants to end up. She works hard, so I think she'll be OK. Congrats, Tammy, to your twins--as our superintendent pointed out, THEY have to make the right choices to get there. We have an older daughter who hasn't. Having kids is sure an adventure.

    ReplyDelete