Wednesday, February 4, 2009

To me, there's something iconic about this tower; I thought it would work well with a version of the Andy Warhol look. First, I converted it to B&W, then posterized it with two levels. I used the Magic Wand to select just the black and made the selection into a brush. I created rectangles in different colors, and just clicked once to put the image of the tower on each layer. I put them together and added a black border around each image. I played with a lot of different colors, including primaries, but (maybe because the original image was taken at sunset) I liked these best.

10 comments:

  1. Looks great. I don't know how you select so well - mine always seems to be really uneven,

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds too complicated to me but I love how they all turned out, esp the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really good! Much more interesting than a single tower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - kinda a andy warhol thing - the picture is so much more colorful and interesting with the effect - very artsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice treatment! Thanks for the instructions on how you did it! I have to find a good shot to try it on, now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos remind me of pictures from very old hand drawn and coloured schoolbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice creation! I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did with this tower here. Nice graphic art! I'd put this poster on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good, Bobbie. This makes an ordinary tower a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This in an amazing photo set. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete