Saturday, February 28, 2009


Saturdays are for food shopping. These neatly aligned peppers were at Whole Foods. I like the cotrast between the orange of the flesh and the green of the stalks. A combination of the Smudge Stick and Posterize Edges filters emphasized it.


Thanks to Julie for her suggestion about putting two photos in one post. I had actually tried that in the beginning, and my Internet connection just froze up. I'm giving it another go--if it works...well, then, the fact that this is here means it worked!


9 comments:

  1. I like your combination of effects. Also, how you got two images in one post. I've been thinking of trying that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured out recently I could put 2 photos in one post too! Love the edits - it also brought out some highlights! Red peppers - yummmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice composition> I like the contrasting colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it---Peppers are my FAV!!! Great shot for theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have stared and stared ... i can't decide if i like it better with or without the edits ... both offer an interesting composition and coloring. just different. i like the sharpness of the edited version ... but i love the uniformity of the orange in the un-edited. either way ... interesting shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to have both images in one post -- easier to compare them.

    And I prefer the original shot. It's a beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bobbie, I love what you've done with this - you brought out so much detail in the stems and gave the peppers such a nice contrast boost. Super job!

    Thanks for revisiting the two images in one post. It makes it so much easier to examine the two photos at once and simplifies things to leave a single comment on both....

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol doesn't it make you want to take one from the bottom? great shot love the colors of those peppers

    ReplyDelete