Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Once we realized that my beloved little Samsung was not to be revived, we went out to shop around for a new camera. I ended up getting a Nikon CoolPix S550. It's smaller than the Samsung--it'll easily fit in the pocket of my jeans--and it has a 5x optical zoom, which I'm going to love. I'm less happy about the rechargeable lithium-ion battery (I always carried plenty of charged AAs just in case), but before our camping trip in April, I'll buy a back-up. I'm working the next three days, but I hope to give it a good trial work-out at the Flower Show in Hartford this coming weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new camera - looking forward to seeing it in action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new camera! One of my cameras has a lithium ion battery and I just recharge it every night. You get used to it. It's more than adequate for a full day of shooting.

    ReplyDelete