Saturday, February 21, 2009

To be honest, I really liked the original photo. It's not one I would ordinarily try to "improve" with a filter. But since the theme of the blog is to see what Elements can do with photos, I had to give it a shot. I used Corey Barker's technique: duplicate the layer; then use the Glowing Edges filter, adjusting it so the edges are well defined; then hit CTRL-I to invert it; desaturate it; then uus the eraser at various levels of opacity to paint back color. I still like the original better, but this does create a certainly dreamlike look. I wanted to try to generate a shadow, but I couldn't seem to manage it, and it's getting really late--so I'll present it as it is.

1 comment:

  1. You are right - I love the original, but that being said, I like this effect - looks like it should be an illustration in a child's book!

    ReplyDelete