Tuesday, April 28, 2009


Alas, today was one of those times when the photo I thought I took wasn't the one that came out of the camera. In Real Life, the nascent leaves glowed both above the water and reflected in it. The photo, though, is muddy and nothing is distinct. I'm not sure the effects really salvaged the shot, but they did separate the leaves from the water. I used Posterize and Color Fade Vertical (I flipped the photo first so it would fade where I wanted it to, then flipped it back.)

6 comments:

  1. The effect seemed to saturate the colors - I never would have thought of flipping it - cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice effect. It seems to have worked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the spring green that your processing brought out, both versions have a sort of dreamy quality

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the processed photo. I have had the same problems with reflections. They look so beautiful and then they just don't look the same photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative! You have a distinct knack for working with the filters and effects. Love you finished photo, here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the original photo is great, but the filtered photo is really neat, too.

    ReplyDelete