Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Once, when my kids were small, and Things just weren't working out as we'd hoped, and I said, "OK, so we go to Plan D," I heard a plaintive voice from my son: "Have we EVER done Plan A?"

No, not as I can ever recall. And not to this day. Tomorrow, we are leaving on a camping trip to Woodstock NY that was supposed to have been a trip to Assateague MD beginning on Monday. Plan A got scrapped due to problems with the truck, problems with my foot and dismal weather forecasts. As alternatives, we entertained thoughts of Gettysburg, Cape Hatteras, the Poconos, the Shenendoah Valley, Vermont, New Hampshire and even one desperate consideration of driving like maniacs to Florida. In the end, a few days in Woodstock sounded great. We're just looking forward to getting away and being outside--the first camping trip of the season.

I will take pictures everyday, but I don't know that I'll be able to post them until we get back. But I promise I'll get them up when we return home.

5 comments: