Thursday, April 9, 2009


I'm still getting used to my new camera. My old ones always went back to default settings when they were turned off; this one maintains the setting that was being used. I've been exploring and using all the settings more than I used to with the other camera--but I also always forget to set it back afterwards. That's a disadvantage when I just grab the camera for a shot. My grandson, Aidan, was over tonight, and he's a bit camera shy. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten I'd had the flash turned off. Only one or two of the photos I got were in focus, and none of them perfectly so. A combination of Dark Strokes and Palette Knife made the blurred areas blend into the whole and highlighted the glowing intensity of his concentration.

9 comments:

  1. What a handsome little guy - he looks really busy!! Nice edits too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Processing just proves to me that the camera is good, doesn't need the flash, the tones and all in the after sgot are spot on. Great Luck having such a Lady killer grandson, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to forget to reset my camera and had the same problem you have. Try to make it a habit of resetting it after every photo session. Trust me, the more you "forget" to do it, the more you'll "remember" to do it. Aidan is a beautiful child. I like the second photo best. What process did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used a combination of the Dark Strokes and the Palette Knife filters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture. The light is great. I love how absorbed he is in his play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the lighting really accents his concentration - nice shot! (I forget to change me settings back too - glad to know I'm not the only one.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how the filters simplified the image, the motion blur of his hands is great. I have to confess that I've taken to dialing back to auto before I turn off after missing some quick opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is very intent on fixing his plane!! What a cutie. Great shot of him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a handsome boy! He's totally captivated by his toy and seems oblivious to the fact that you're there. That's when we get the best shots!

    ReplyDelete