Wednesday, April 15, 2009


On a bike ride today, I passed some exuberant forsythia and stopped to take a picture with my little P&S. As I was clicking away, I heard a rustling sound. When I peered into the underbrush, I spied this funky-eared bunny. It froze as soon as it realized I was aware of its presence. Clearly, nature does a good job of camouflage: in the dappled light, the rabbit and the brush (as well as the garbage) blend in perfectly.
I wanted to make the bunny stand out, but I also didn't want to lose the sense of watchful secrecy. I applied the Chalk and Charcoal filter, then used the eraser to add back just a touch of color to the fur and ears.

8 comments:

  1. He was hoping you wouldn't see him!! Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little bunny is watching you! Blink....and he will be gone. The coloration is very well blended. Without the rustling, you would have missed this opportunity.

    Hope you have a good trip....I love getting away from it all, even when my 'all' is just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little furry thing - I found a nest of bunnies in where I will plant my flowers soon! As cute as those bunnies are, they destroy my flowers so I hope they go away soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job with your processing! It's a really good shot of a quick little creature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, a superb processing job on a wonderful photo. I wonder if the split ear was the result of a close call with a predator? That's one lucky bunny, if so! Glad he survived your shot, too! (Cameras are so much more fun than guns--you get a great trophy, and your "victim" walks away unscathed: a win, win situation!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute bunny. Love the split ears.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps it's the Easter Bunny??? LOL
    They're both wonderful, you must have been pretty quick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you made it stand out,nice catch.

    ReplyDelete