Sunday, April 5, 2009


This is an example of where what I saw and what the camera saw were two different things. There's a few days in early spring when the grass suddely turns a brilliant green, before anything else had budded. The green is so fresh and so bright amid all the grey and dull brown that it seems to glow. That's what I saw in the orchard today--swaths of luminescent grass running amid the rest of the dormant vegetation. The green caught and held my eye. But in the camera, the tangles of dead weeds and bare branches dominated. The Sponge filter simplifies all that unwanted detail so that the surprising green of the young grass stands out better.

6 comments:

  1. That filter is perfect for bringing out the greens! Don't you love when the green grass first comes, it always looks so vivid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very nice. You have to view it in its large format to see the filter's result. Yeah for green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good use of the filter. Isn't it amazing how our brains just make things look different? I always wonder if what I see is the same as what someone else sees since the camera sees it different?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the sponged version! I would love to have this one hanging on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the sponge filter. It's an incredible photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really makes the grass pop out green.

    ReplyDelete