Friday, May 1, 2009


Dogwoods are among my favorite flowers. I love the laciness of the blooms on the trees; they always looks as if they're floating on the branches. This tree in our yard was a gift in honor of the arrival of our son, Christian. He is now 22 years old. The photo was on which took very well to filters and effects. I had the day off and found it a pleasant time sink to play around with them. In the end, I liked best the one using the Bas Relief filter. This might be partly because I've never used it before, but I also like the 3-D and almost Asian effect that it gave the picture. My son being Asian, that ties everything together.

10 comments:

  1. Really, really nice, Bobbie. I can see that displayed as a triptych with one of a cherry blossom and another Asian flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a dogwood photo today also!
    Just beautiful! The first one is amazing, it looks like glass! Outstanding result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bas relief filter is fast becoming one of my favorites, and what a cool effect it has on that flower - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful effect on that dogwood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so appreciate being able to see the before and after. The effect turns the photo into art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took a pic of a dogwood yesterday too...love them! That effect you used was the perfect choice-->flower is primo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the filter on this photo, also. It looks like a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are great. Some of my favorites.
    You did a great job on the filters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great effect on the dogwood flower. It does make it look Asian or like a woodcut almost.

    ReplyDelete