Wednesday, May 13, 2009


Our son is graduating from college on Sunday, and we're having about 50 people over afterwards to celebrate. My husband is only mildly concerned about what to give them to eat and drink--but he is nearly frantic that they won't have anywhere to sit. Busly Berkeley's sying words were supposed to have been, "Stairs--more stairs!" John's will be, "Chairs--more chairs!" So off we went this evening to WalMart, Target, Lowe's in an effort to garner more chairs.
In one of those stores, there was a small display of prayer plants. This one caught my eye. I played around a bit, stumbling on this unusual graphic effect. First, I applied the Pencil Sketch effect; then the Glowing Edges filter. I inverted that (CTRL-I) and reduced the opacity.

6 comments:

  1. I like the simplicity of the photo. Your processing makes it look like a sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful image - I love these plants! You technique makes it looks so simple yet elegant! very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the graduate and family!! The combination of effects makes an ordinary photo into an extraordinary one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so well done, but then all of your work is. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. It's a captivating image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the filters you applied to this image - makes it look like a Japanese print.

    ReplyDelete