Saturday, May 2, 2009


We were supposed to go camping on Cape Cod this weekend, but the weather forecast was dismal. Instead, John and I decided to go on a date: a trip to the New Britain Museum of Modern Art and then dinner out. The restaurant is in an outdoor mall. As we were strolling along before dinner, we came across this fountain that was joyously tossing water up against the late afternoon sky. The original picture didn't capture the warmth of the westering sun, so I added it back using the Warming filters. I selected out the sky with the Magic Wand so it would retain its pristine blue and only the cloud and the water would be "warmed."

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous result - and wow, what a shot! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image! The warming filter did the trick. I think it's great (either way, but the finished shot I like better).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I does look joyful, I like the toned shot a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Such amazing pics of the water fountain.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! You couldn't ask for a more perfect backdrop! You have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picture of splashing water. You really froze the action.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great find! I've never seen any fountains shoot water this way!

    ReplyDelete