Thursday, May 14, 2009


Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. To be honest, I'm not impressed with either of these photos; but today, it was what I had, and I'm committed to a Photo a Day!


It was so windy when I was leaving work that I had trouble forcing the door open; when I was taking the pictures of this windswept tree, it was literally hard to hold onto my little P&S. The tree is next to my office building, and the wind was sweeping the leaves over. It was fascinating to watch, but I knew it would be difficult to capture the motion of a tree on a windy day in a still photo--but what's life if not a challenge? I applied a bit of a Radial Blur, then found that the Dry Brush filter somehow enhanced the sense of restlessness.


3 comments:

  1. I like the one w/ the effect better. You have to enlarge it to appreciate it - the radial blur really does add a sense of motion and the dry brush filter brought out more details! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the filtered version, too. Looked like a watercolor effect helped it. The leaves were an unusual color for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the filtered version. You are right, the blur gives a sense of motion.

    ReplyDelete