Monday, May 18, 2009



I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. Our son, Christian, graduated from the University of Hartford yesterday with a degree in Business. We spent the morning at the graduation and the rest of the day hosting a party to celebrate his achievement. I couldn't resist posting the standard Mom-Dad-and-Grad snapshot.
As one might imagine, I took lots of photos, but the best one was this very spontaneous pose by our friends' two little girls. They were taking a break from roasting marshmallows at the firepit on the side of our house and from romping with my grandson. It really highlights their two very distinct personalities. I thought the lighting on the original was a bit harsh, so I softened it. To do this, I applied the Pencil Sketch effect, then used the Color blend mode, and finally made some adjustments with Color Curves.



7 comments:

  1. What a happy day! Congrats, Christian (and mom and dad, he made it!) What cute grandkids - those pics are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to everyone on Christian's graduation. Nice picture of your friend's daughters. You're going to have to print that one for them. Again you are a "master" of the filters - it makes the picture so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your graduate! I like the filter effect on the shot of the little girls. I'm sure their parents will want a print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats again! I love the shot of the girls and again your mastery of the filters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your son and to you. It's a wonderful thing to get a child through with college. The pictures of the little girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good wishes all around! You must be very proud!
    The photos of your friends' girls are precious!
    You've got more exciting things to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, happy day! Congrats to you and your son.

    I love the edits on the little girls' photo. I'm amazed at how it seemed to improve the light so dramatically.

    ReplyDelete