Friday, November 20, 2009


It rained heavily last night, but as I was having breakfast, the sun was breaking through the clouds. By the time I left for work, clean white clouds were floating an a crisp blue sky. They were both reflected in a puddle in our driveway. I like the way Cut Out isolated the leaf. I "cheated" on this one. Ordinarily, I only apply the filter or effect to the whole photo and let it be. This time, I re-cropped. because some of the side elements that established place--like the bit of evergreen at the lower left that one would find at the edge of a puddle--were simply distracting once I'd applied the filter.

4 comments:

  1. Very effective - I like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the filter, love how dramatic the sky looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You boiled it down to an essence of the autumn; striking

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first one. It looks like a poster.

    ReplyDelete