Sunday, November 8, 2009


My daughter, age 17, is now in the process of looking at colleges. Today, we took her to my alma mater, the College of Mount Saint Vincent, in Riverdale NY. The campus is right on the Hudson River across from the Palisades--really a gorgeous place. This, by far, is not the prettiest site; but I think it made a better photograph then pictures of the lovely buildings (which includes Fonthill Castle, a stunning stone castle built by the actor Edwin Forrest for his bride--who divorced him before they took residence.) I used Pencil Sketch and Accented Edges to clean up the image and make it crisper. That's the George Washigton Bridge in the distance.

2 comments:

  1. I love how empty and stark the tracks are compared to the the vastness of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that filter really brought out the clarity in the tracks, very cool image!

    ReplyDelete