Wednesday, December 2, 2009


This is a different variation on the theme of two alternate presentations of the same photo. Usually, the second photo has been altered with PhotoShop Elements. This time, I set out to take a picture of this dried vine that clings to a fence around the parking lot at my office building. What I saw in the fading late afternoon light was a silhouette, and that's what I was trying to get--but the flash went off. I turned off the automatic flash to get the silhouette I'd originally intended to capture. But the flash picure was odd: for some reason, the berries, branches and wire came out squared off, which I thought was an interesting, if unintended, result.

1 comment:

  1. Although I like the silhouettes, I have to say I like the flash shot better, love all the details in the fence itself and the contrast against the branches w/ berries...

    ReplyDelete