Thursday, December 31, 2009

When I started this project 365 days ago, I called it Photo a Day (in theory), because I wasn't quite usre I could pull it off. I'd tried once before and made it part way into April, so I wanted to give myself some wiggle room. On this last day of the year, I am delighted to be able to say that I did it! It has been a wonderful undertaking. It caused me to keep my eyes open, to see more, to be aware of my surroundings--even the seemingly drab ordinary ones--and of the visual possibilities all around me. Enriching the experience was the fact that I wasn't doing this in isolation, but as part of a group of over 50 other photographers, the 365ers. Their comments were insightful and helpful. Visiting their blogs was like browsing though a photography museum that changed its exhibits every day. It was a delight to the eye and a stimulus to the mind. Thank you all!

Now what? Well, I'm entering what I'm calling Phase Two. This year, I'll also be taking a photo a day (in theory); but this time, with my iPhone. I'll be following the "rules" of iPhoneography--the photos have to be taken and processed within the phone. I've downloaded a number of photo-editing apps, and I've been playing around with them for the past few weeks. I expect that these photos will be less formal and studied, more personal and spontaneous. I'm eager to begin!

I'm also participating in the 2010 Virtual PhotoWalk: http://2010virtualphotowalk.wordpress.com/

I wish all of you a joyous, blessed and creative New Year!

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, I look forward to our walk in 2010, see you next year! Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your comments on my blog this past year. Congrats on completing the challenge - I'm looking forward to the 2010 challenge! Best Wishes for the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Thanks for all your comments. It was extra special to "meet" someone who knows my aunt!

    See you in 2010

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobbie,
    I enjoy your pictures very much, and I am looking forward to being in your discussion group this year. I admit that the 365 Blog took a lot of time, and I think that sometimes, we did not enjoy the friendships with other photographers like we should have. I hope that the format that we are using this year will help on that issue. See you in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,Glad we can all do this again, I've enjoyed your Facebook entries.

    top5cats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you and your family! Onward!

    ReplyDelete