Thursday, December 22, 2011

Something about me

I am a Celt. My family left Ireland over a hundred years ago, but I still feel deep roots back there in rocky places on the other shore of the Atlantic. Imagine what it was like there in the north on the edge of Europe, when the nights were so long they overtook day altogether, and there was only fire to as any sort of light at all! Tonight we celebrated Winter Solstice with a bonfire outside and a taste of the water of life. After this, there will be light Light of Christmas, and the days will grow longer and the sun strengthen. Slainte!

7 comments:

  1. Celtic you say, I can't quite picture you Bare Butted in Battle with a blue Face, and anyway we just had our Summer solstice and I prefer the heat! LOL
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slainte, indeed! Beautiful image for the self-theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo and the mask you used to frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the framed bonfire photo.
    Good Health to you also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image and processing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slainte! I'm so excited the days are getting longer. Cool shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can almost hear the pops and hisses of the dancing flames. I like the fact you celebrated the solstice. To me it is a psychological advance.

    ReplyDelete