Saturday, December 31, 2011

The end of one year...

I had hoped to wrap up with at least a few photos to finish out the themes I hadn't completed. I even managed to snag one of Cupcakes, which was the theme I considered Most Likely To Be Missed. But the events of the last 48 hours pretty much depleted time, energy and attention. Now John is home safe and sound--and being a stubborn Irish nuttin'-wrong-with-me male who may make me hypertensive.

So I'd like to thank all of you who shared your vision and your with us. It was an honor to be able to set foot in your worlds. Thank you to those who were kind and interested enough to spend time with me at Paper Goods Pond and other places in my life.

I've completed three years of 356 photos. The first two years were more difficult than the last, because my "rules" meant literally a photo EVERY day. This least year, I went with the concept of 365 photos in all. I'm not sure if I exactly made it, but I know I came close. I had 16 themes left, but I did use free themes along the way. The wonderful thing about at 365 (on next year, 366!) challenge is that it makes one open one's eye to what is beautiful, interesting, arresting, disturbing, unique, iconic, comforting or visionary in one's life; or what might just exemplify a place, situation or condition. I've learned a lot from the 1,095 photos (give or take a few) that came from these three years.

I'm also very grateful to done this in a shared experience. I will deeply miss those of you who are not going on to a challenge here next year. And I feel honored to be part of the community with those who are.

I wish all of you a blessed new year that is full of promise, opportunity, vision, and (let's not forget) fun.

3 comments:

  1. So glad that John is feeling well enough to be annoying :-)

    I will keep your blog in my reader and hope to stop by as I enjoy reading about your life and seeing Paper Goods Pond.

    I'll update my blog if/when I decide to do something with it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on learning and giving as you have in the past! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, my friend! Wishing you a year of peace, love, happiness, and HEALTH! :) Glad your hubby is doing better!

    ReplyDelete