Saturday, December 24, 2011

X is for X-mas

In terms of the alphabet, is this good timing or what? (Totally unintended...photo karma.) When I was growing up, educated in Catholic schools, I was taught NEVER to use the term "X-mas" because it was secular and took the Christ out of Christmas. Not so. The "X" is the transliteration of the Greek letter "chi" which stood for "Christos." And so I wish you all of you who celebrate it a blessed and merry Christmas. (PS: it's also a whole lot better for the theme than "xanthan gum," and yes, I do have a photo for that. Contact me by email if, for some bizarre reason, you really want to see it.)

4 comments:

  1. X is the unknown Factor isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice capture of the ornament, and Happy Xmas to you! If Faux News come after me for their War on Christmas campaign, I just never say Merry as a adjective. It just isn't in my vocabulary and I stumble to spit it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty image..I'll pass on the xanthan gum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the explanation (I did not like "X-mas", too). May the Blessing of the Lord be with you and all you love!

    ReplyDelete