Wednesday, March 4, 2009


I have celiac disease, so I'm on a strict gluten free diet for life--that means not even a trace of wheat, rye or barley. When I was diagnosed in 2000, I thought I've never be able to eat in a pizzeria again. But times have changed! Iliano's, a small local chain, now offers GF pizza. I went there with my family tonight. The pizza was great; even better was getting to do something "normal" that I'd once thought would be impossible.


The Photocopy filter at a reduced opacity brings out the great graphics in pepperoni pizza.


7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found some pizza that is GF. I know this is a hard diet to follow. I see that you live in New England and you may have already heard of this bakery since they are in NJ. They got rave reviews on TV. They ship and their baked goods look wonderful. Here's the link...
    http://www.millersglutenfree.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of it--thanks for the reference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking pizza, the top one gives lots of detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We Americans love our pizza so I'm glad you can eat it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great shot....we have Trader Joes here and they have a lot of foods that are gluten free..I'm amazed at how many people have been diagnosed recently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that peperoni looks fabulous! The edited version really brings out the details in the pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot - both the original and the filtered one look terrific!

    What a pleasure to have pizza available to you now!

    ReplyDelete