Tuesday, March 31, 2009


I was lucky--they're using a different sedation these days, so I'm conscious, if a bit groggy. And here's how dedicated we get about the Challenge--the photo was taken from the garage of Hartford Hospital as we were heading in early this morning. My husband was a little incredulous that I was whipping out my little P&S, saying, "Look at that light! I need this picture for my blog!"


The light was magnificent, and I loved the juxtaposition of the old brick buildings in the foreground with the neweer office towers in the back. I know I use the Accented Edges filter a lot; but combined with a Warming filter, it helped bring out the sleepy glow of a city waking up to the morning.


13 comments:

  1. I always salute dedication especially that which is Above and Beyond the call of Duty, like yours. And it's great that you memorialized the scene of the action as it were, will hubby ever stop worrying about you, great shot and treatment, both of you and the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to dedicated to the cause, Bobbie!!! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok dedication is great! Just don't miss a good shot for an appointment. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only you! LOL What a fab shot from the hospital, love the edit, it does look like the city is waking up with the sun! Glad you are feeling ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is dedication one of the themes?? You've just illustrated it! Great shot; I like the top one best this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scene. It almost looks like a painting. The light is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the scene and the edit. Glad you weren't too distracted to get the shot...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too funny! You got a great shot though!
    I love the sunlight washing over the buildings.....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. warmth of the brick really comes through...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The true sign of a dedicated 365 blogger - though if you post any pics taken during any phase of the procedure I'll start to worry about just how deep you're in! This shot was well worth the effort and I really like your processing on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to see! It is wonderful light and your processing is again fine. I love knowing that 365ers all over are photographing stuff they'd never think of at times that may seem a bit odd.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are definitely hooked - and I recognized that skyline! Very nice lighting, especially on all the different colors of brick in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice cityscape and very cool processing. I really like the effects

    ReplyDelete