Thursday, March 12, 2009


I have to admit that there often aren't a lot of photo ops on the days that I work. I get on the highway, drive to an industrial area of Hartford to an isolated concrete office builiding; then reverse the process in the evening. So I've fallen back on an old stand-by: literally a stand-by, as these trains haven't moved for over a month. I liked the image on the right. To me, it looks like a piece of pizza; my husband thinks it's a party hat on its side. I used the Glowing Edges flter, then inverted it to make a sort of coloring book effect that brings out the playful graphic nature of the graffitti.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool effect and fun image!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a side cap. Great, interesting,fun shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another vote for the slice of pizza (esp in top pic)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good shot. There's some interesting artwork on rail cars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool image - it looks like pizza to me, too. And I like the original photo best this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look like pizza. I like the cartoon effect best. It really changes the look of the image.

    ReplyDelete