Thursday, March 26, 2009


It wasn't the day I expected. I was just about to leave for work when I got a call from my 16 year old daughter--she'd hit her head in gym, and she really didn't feel well. I called in to work that I wouldn't be coming in today, collected Sierra from school, and monitored her for a while. I was pretty sure she'd had a mild concussion, so I took her in to see her doctor to confirm it. He concurred. She's OK; she's perking up nicely after having been sort of groggy all afternoon. At dinner I realized I hadn't taken my picture for the day. This handful of carnations is left over from the bouquet my husband gave me for my birthday on the fourth--clearly they have staying power! Dark Strokes was not a filter I would have thought would work with such delicate colors, but I like how it seems to make the petals glow.

9 comments:

  1. So sorry about Sierra's concussion! Watch her closely for awhile! Hope she feels better by tomorrow! By the way, I love that filter on the carnations - it also gives it some dimension! For throwing the image together quickly, you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope she is feeling all better by morning, Bobbie.

    I love the effect on your carnations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What effect did you use on the carnations? It really set them off. I hope your daughter feels better by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the filter. It makes a pretty picture. Prayers for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shot. The carnations are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Head injuries are so scary. You are never sure what you are dealing with. You were smart to take her to the doctor. The carnations are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad Sierra is feeling better - concussions are no fun. Your carnations are lovely, expecially with the filter you used. I just got my Photoshop Elements Techniques newsletter - and was delighted to see your photo restoration in it. Congratulations - it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flowers are beautiful--you show the depth in the petals very well. Hope your daughter is feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your daughter is feeling better.

    I do like the effect from the Dark Strokes filter. It sure changes the look of the photo.

    ReplyDelete